Renewing Your Classification
Continuing Education Requirements
All active appraisers must complete 14 hours of Board-approved CE during each annual renewal period. In every two consecutive renewal periods, every appraiser must complete an AQB approved 7 hour USPAP course (the 15 hour USPAP Course does not count as a substitute).
Board approved appraiser schools will electronically post CE courses on to your record. Prior to renewing, use the Online Transactions section of the website to verify that all CE credits are posted. If CE credits are missing, call the school where you took the course.
If all required CE credits are not posted to your record, you have the option to renew to an inactive status. Once the CE credits are completed and posted on your record, you can return to an active status by submitting an Appraiser Change Application.
In lieu of meeting Georgia’s CE requirements, non-resident appraisers who have met the CE requirements in their state of residence may fax a copy of their current appraiser classification or pocket card to 404-656-6650 or attach it as an e-mail. Please allow 7-10 days for us to place the information on your record.
About On-Line Renewals
You can renew your classification 24 hours a day, seven days a week, up to 120 days (4 months) prior to the renewal date. You must renew by midnight of your renewal due date to avoid lapsing and incurring a late fee.
Our office is open from Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. If you have any problems processing your online renewal after normal business hours, please review the following information and options:
- You may renew online by clicking on the “Login To Online Services” link on our home page.
- You will need your User Name and Password to access your records
- If you would rather renew by mail, “Mail-in Renewal” applications are available in the “Forms and Applications” section of this website. The standard renewal fees are:
$140 for Licensed and Certified Appraisers
$100 for Registered and Trainee Appraisers
- Mail-in renewals must be postmarked no later than the renewal due date or the license will be considered “lapsed” and additional fees will apply.
- Online renewals will be discounted by $25 and must be processed by midnight on last day of the month, or a late fee will apply.
- All Approved Schools in GA are required to certify and post course completion information electronically, via our website. We do not process that information at GREAB. If you just completed a course, most Schools will not be able to post it until the next business day, at the earliest.
- If all required courses have not been posted by your renewal deadline, it is recommended that you renew to Inactive status, to avoid a late fee. After the courses have been posted, you may activate your license by submitting the “Appraiser Change Application”. There is no fee required to re-activate.
Creating An Online Account
In December 2019 all individual licensee records were migrated into our new database. All licensees will need to register by creating a new User Name and Password. Your old username and password will no longer work in this new system.
New accounts will allow for the access of multiple records with a single login. This means, if you hold multiple licenses, all of your records will be accessed from this single login. For this reason, login information should NOT be shared.
Instructions for Creating a New Account
If you have NOT already established an account in the new Online Services System, you will need to create a new account. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- From the homepage grec.state.ga.us, click on the “Login to Online Services” box on the left-hand side of the homepage. (or use the link below)
- Click on the “Register” link to set up a new account.
- Enter your information in the fields provided and click on “Register” button.
If You Missed the Renewal Date
Less Than One Year
If you missed the license renewal date, your license is considered “lapsed” and you will need to “reinstate” the license. You will be able to reinstate your license online and a late fee will be charged.
You will be reinstated to an active status online only if:
- It is less than 30 days past due and
- Your license was in an active status prior to the renewal date and
- All required continuing education (CE) credits have been completed and posted to your record.
In all other situations your license will be reinstated to an inactive status.
If you are reinstated to an inactive status, all required CE credits must be completed and posted to your record before you can hold an active license. To change your license status from inactive to active, please submit a Appraiser Change Application.
Renewing an individual broker license does not renew a firm (company) license. All firm licenses, including sole proprietorships, must be renewed separately.
More Than One Year
You will NOT be able to reinstate your license online.
You will need to use a Appraiser Reinstatement Application and a late fee will be charged.
All required continuing education (CE) credits must be completed and posted to your record before you can hold an active classification.
After the board processes your application, a new wall license and pocket card will be mailed to you within two business days.